When you are selling a home, you’re probably aware there will be a home inspection. But did you know that you will likely be required to have a separate HVAC inspection? Baggett Heating and Cooling explains why
- Average home inspections do not include detailed HVAC testing.
- Homebuyers assume that the home inspection includes testing their heating and air conditioning system but most of the time they just simply turn it on to see if it’s working.
- Your heating and air conditioning system is the most expensive appliance in your home.
- Unlike a new stove or refrigerator, HVAC systems can cost in the thousands of dollars, so it makes sense to have it checked out ahead of time to know what you’re getting into.
- According to Energy Star, around half of your yearly energy bill goes toward heating and cooling your home.
- An HVAC inspection can reveal issues that will affect the new home’s energy efficiency.
- HVAC inspections can save you time and frustration.
- An HVAC inspection will require a little time and a little money but will give you a head’s up on what buyers may find out and want to negotiate on anyway. Knowing ahead of time will give you the negotiation advantage and gives you more control over the process.
Here’s what you can expect from a Real Estate Inspection from Baggett Heating & Cooling:
- Heating check, cooling check, clean and adjust burner assembly, clean ignition assembly, inspect heat exchanger or elements, inspect blower components, clean evaporator coil, clean condenser coil, clean & test condensate drains, measure refrigerant pressures, monitor air flow, measure volts/amps, measure temperature difference, test safety controls, test starting capabilities, tighten electrical connections, adjust thermostat calibration, visual duct system inspection.
- Plus FREE precision tune-up for alternate season within 6 months for the new owners.
- Recommendations for maintenance/repairs items not included in the inspection.
- Photos of the indoor and outdoor equipment, any HVAC accessories present, ductwork issues, return air grille(s), thermostat, all data plates and any other photos found to be pertinent to the report.
If you’re ready to put your home on the market, contact Baggett Heating & Cooling to schedule an appointment to perform an inspection. You’ll be glad you did!
Baggett Heating & Cooling has been serving the Clarksville/Montgomery County area for over 45 years.
Baggett recommends having regular maintenance performed on your HVAC system. Learn more about regular maintenance and join Baggett’s Preferred Customer Maintenance Club.