Baggett Heating & Cooling is taking steps recommended by the CDC and industry leaders to protect you and our technicians so we may continue to serve you.
Here are 3 reasons to get your system checked…
- Baggett Safety Guidelines include, but not limited to:
- Social Distancing has been enforced with customers and co-workers including no handshaking, using phone communication as much as possible, and a minimum of three feet distance as recommended by WHO.
- Daily Routines have been altered for safety reasons including staggered arrival times, no eating inside the workplace, and technician temperature monitoring.
- Symptoms that employees may have including fever, cough, and shortness of breath must be reported immediately and that employee will be required to stay at home and contact their physician.
- General Hygiene is strongly enforced including thorough hand washing before and after each job and, cleaning of supplies with disinfectant.
- Supplies have been stocked and distributed to each truck including gloves, masks, bleach, extra rags, etc.
- Filters – According to sources, any air cleaner that removes particles from the air has some potential to reduce exposure to coronavirus. The question lies in what efficiency of filter. Coronavirus is very small, measuring between 0.06 and 0.14 microns in size. HEPA (high-efficiency particulate arrestance) filters are 99.97% effective at trapping particles down to 0.3 microns in size.
- UV Lights – Scientists have found that COVID-19 can remain infectious on surfaces at room temperature for up to nine days. Upper-air UV-C fixtures can destroy those microbes when they are exposed to the UV-C energy in a matter of seconds. Find out more in our blog here.
Baggett Heating & Cooling has been serving the Clarksville/Montgomery County area for over 45 years. As guardians of the indoor air we breathe, HVAC technicians stand alongside public health workers in the fight against coronavirus (COVID-19).
We believe it is important anytime, but even more so now as we are quarantined to our homes, to have your HVAC coils professionally cleaned and to replace your filters regularly. If you want to add an extra layer of protection to clean your indoor air we believe that UV lights are a reliable and cost-effective way to do so as well as higher efficiency filtration like HEPA filters. We make no claims that doing any of these things will remove your risk of contracting COVID-19 but are all tools that are likely to lessen that risk.
Baggett is ready to serve the needs of our customers and team members while doing our best to protect the needs of the community at large. Integrity is one of our core values at Baggett and fulfilling that value to us means placing everyone’s safety at the forefront of our decision making today and always. Give us a call or text us at (931) 645-2859.