Baggett Heating and Cooling shares some great energy saving tips.
The Sun is Free Heat!
- Open curtains during the day to allow sunlight to naturally heat your home, and close them at night.
Us a heavy-duty, clear plastic sheet and tape to the inside of your window frames. Make sure the plastic is sealed tightly to frame.
- Install tight-fitting insulating drapes or shades on windows that feel drafty.
- Here are some other window treatment options.
Adjust the Temperature
- When you are home and awake, set your thermostat as low as is comfortable.
- If you have a heat pump, maintain a moderate setting specially designed for heat pumps.
Find and Seal Leaks
- Seal the air leaks around utility cut-throughs for pipes, gaps around chimneys, and recessed lights.
- Add caulk or weatherstripping to seal leaks around leaky doors and windows.
Maintain Your Heating Systems
- Replace your filters once a month or as needed.
- Schedule service for your heating system!