Halloween brings with it a long list of scary and spooky things, such as ghosts, ghouls, goblins, and more. But the only thing scarier than these frightful sights is HVAC problems that could have been avoided with regular HVAC maintenance!
The cooling temperatures that come with Halloween make scheduling preventative HVAC service in Clarksville, TN especially important. Because without routine HVAC service and maintenance, your system can start doing some scary and potentially dangerous things!
Without regular HVAC maintenance, these 10 super scary and spooky things that can happen!
- No heat or cool air Not only will you have an uncomfortable and unhappy household, but a home without heat or cool air can be a potential health hazard.
- Overflowing drain pans Without regular, thorough cleanings, drain pans can leak and overflow. This can cause water damage while encouraging mold and mildew growth.
- Leaking refrigerant Proper refrigerant levels are essential to overall efficiency of your HVAC system. A 10% loss in refrigerant can reduce HVAC system efficiency by 20%!
- Belt misalignment The longer your HVAC system operates with a misaligned belt, the more damage will be done to essential bearings, pulleys, and shafts. This ultimately causes damage to the motors.
- Higher operating costs HVAC systems that run inefficiently due to lack of regular maintenance will lead to frighteningly high utility bills and costly repairs.
- Bearing and motor malfunctions Without the right amount of lubrication, the bearing cavity will overheat and causes to prematurely break down, resulting in bearing failure.
- Reduced airflow Not only do dirty, unchanged air filters reduce airflow, but they also have a negative impact on overall system efficiency and indoor air quality.
- Heater exchange failure A failing heat exchanger can allow carbon monoxide, a deadly gas, to seep into the air stream and circulate throughout your home.
- Busted compressor Overheating caused by dirty condenser coils shortens the lifespan of the unit by forcing it to work harder than necessary.
- High cost repairs Don’t make the rookie mistake of thinking you’re saving money by putting off regular HVAC maintenance! An efficient, safe HVAC system is priceless!
Our experienced HVAC technicians are here to help you take the guesswork out of maintaining your heating and cooling systems. HVAC problems around Halloween can be scary, so don’t be afraid to call Baggett Heating & Cooling for fast and friendly HVAC service!