Pet owners should take a few extra steps to keep your HVAC system running smoothly. Here are a few tips from Baggett Heating & Cooling.
We love our pets but they can cause problems to your HVAC that you might not be aware of.
Groom your pet regularly
- Grooming your pet regularly reduces the amount of shedding.
- Hair and dander, especially with long-haired dogs and cats can clog filters and reduce airflow.
- Brush your pet’s hair often especially in-between visits to your professional grooming salon.
- Most pets love the extra attention they receive when being brushed.
Change your AC air filters more often
- With pets, filters become caked with dust, pet hair and dander. This can lead to air filters becoming clogged and the reduced airflow will only make your AC unit work harder to keep your home cool.
- Changing your filters more often will also cut down your electric bill.
- Take advantage of our partnership with New Filters Plus and have new filters delivered straight to your door!
- Visit here for more information.
Clear air vents
- While vacuuming, take a little extra time with your hose attachment to clean the air vents around your home. These vents can also accumulate pet hair and cleaning them will help avoid getting clogged air ducts.
Clean air ducts
- Since you’re grooming your pet more regularly, some hair and dander is bound to escape into your air ducts which could lead to virus and bacteria growth.
- You can try cleaning your air ducts yourself, but we recommend you call Baggett Heating & Cooling to get them professionally cleaned.
Get an Air Purifier
- Consider getting an Air Purifier. Having a HEPA purifier can remove up to 99.97% of pet dander from the air in your home before it ever reaches your air filter.
There is only so much that you can do for yourself when preventing your pet hair and dander from causing damage to your HVAC system. Baggett Heating & Cooling recommends having regular maintenance on your AC system. Learn more about regular maintenance and join Baggett’s Preferred Customer Maintenance Club.
Baggett Heating & Cooling has been serving the Clarksville/Montgomery County area for over 45 years. Give us a call or text us at (931) 645-2859.