Here are some tips to keep you warm and toasty this winter from Baggett Heating and Cooling
According to the HVAC Technical Institute, there are a few common issues that happen particularly in the wintertime.
- Frozen pipes
- Along with your household water pipes, the coils on your HVAC units can also accumulate ice and cease to function properly. If this happens, call Baggett Heating & Cooling immediately.
- Some rooms are colder than the rest of the house
- This could be due to cracks in the windows or unproperly sealed doors, but it can also be blocked air vents. Have BHAC check your vents.
- Malfunctioning Heat Pump
- Heat Pumps are reliable through all types of weather, but even Heat Pumps can have problems, especially in winter. BHAC can check for broken fan motors and coil blockage.
- Broken Thermostat
- Sometimes the problem can be in the electronics of the thermostat. BHAC can fix or replace your thermostat.
- Dirty Filters
- Dust and dirt clogging your filters put a strain on your HVAC system. This could also be why less air is circulating. Filters need to be changed regularly.
- Pilot Light
- Your pilot light is a small blue flame that burns constantly. If the sensor is dirty or damaged, it can’t properly light the heater to give you heat. Have BHAC check that.
- Carbon Monoxide Poison
- This is a good time to mention the need for a Carbon Monoxide detector for your home. This poisonous, odorless, tasteless gas can leak into your home if your heat exchanger is defective. BHAC can check your ventilation system to make sure they are working properly.
Hopefully, you’ve already had your Heat Pump or furnace checked out for the colder temperatures. But, if not, call Baggett Heating and Cooling.
Baggett Heating & Cooling has been around for over 45 years, so give us a call or text us at (931) 645-2859 for expert service!